From:
Mike Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:57:30 -0500
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Unfortunately, the law seems reasonably clear that the property tax
>exemption only applies to new construction.  See
>http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A06524.

 I sent an email to the author of the bill and the person who suggested it
to the assembly member but neither has responded. see

http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A06524&sh=t

as far as i can see this is the actual bill and there is no mention of new
construction. this bill only adds item (E) to the exhisting law and the
above is the text of the law.  I would print a copy of the above and bring
to your town assesors and they should be able to tell you. The part of (E)
that says " including those structures and buildings used for the storage
of bees " was intended to let your include building that you stored
supra's etc in, but it seems to have lost something in the translation.

mike bassett
lafayette n.y.