From:
jmortier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:52:10 -0800
 I receintly talked to a commercial bee keeper about mite control and she
suggested that I drop several Halls Mentho-lyptus cough drops into the top
of the hive as a preventive measure. The bees lick the drops and the vapours
effect the mites. For those who are not familiar with the drops these are
the active ingredients ; Menthol (8%- 15% depending on flavour) , Eucalyptus
oil 7.2%
 Has anyone tried this method, and is it effective?

  J.Mortier
  Hicks Creek farms
  Agassiz, B.C., Canada          " If you can't mine it, you have to grow it."