From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:27:59 -0400
Elizabeth told us about bees building drone foundation immediately adjacent
to Plasticell foundation, rather than "drawing" the Plasticell.  Bob
Darrell, said he thought the difficulty was a combination of bees space and
bees not liking the plastic...I agree.

If you want this again, Elizabeth, just continue to do as you did last year.
It will probably produce the same result...but may not.

In my experience, bees will properly draw Pierco only when given a full
super of undrawn Pierco foundation.  Then they will do fine.  Anything less
than a full super and you are likely to have problems.

Far better, in my opinion, is the Dadant beeswax coated Plasticell.

Lloyd
Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com