From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 07:25:33 -0600
Bill Truesdell wrote:

> I and some others think that some of the mite control we get from
> menthol and even the "oils" used by some comes from the heat generated
> by the bees to fan out the vapor from the hive. If you look at most of
> the methods to control mites, especially tracheal, they all involve
> irritating gasses introduced into the hive.

I thought I'd use this mention of "oils" to bring up the issue of essential oils again. We
haven't heard much about them on this list ever since their use by some last fall. Is
there anyone here that used them last fall that would be able to give us a report on
how things are looking today? Has anyone heard anymore if Dr. Pedro has ever gotten
his mite solution published and if so where one could find it?

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA