From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:05:07 -0600
"What happens instead is that the amount of "X" in the wax keeps increasing,
and that is bad for the larvae because it increases the concentration
gradient between wax and larvae.  This is why rotation of old combs is
recommended."

Understood in that function of equilibrium assuming  no actual affinity for
one over the other good thought process,
BUT  the level of wax does not increase in old comb,  in fact it decreases.
I don't think fresh wax is used in any sort of volume (relative of course)
in old brood comb.  I don't even think the cappings are new wax.
 Which may bring up a different point,,  how did chem. X get in said wax?
Maybe that mechanism means its also in brood comb?

When samples were taken for testing,  is brood comb tested??

I have also wondered why it seems so difficult to get levels of X from
larve?  Surely they could be collected and processed just as easily as
pollen or wax??

Charles