From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2024 16:57:02 -0500
> The short term prediction [from Weather Underground] here in Alberta yesterday and today has been off by as much as ten degrees Celsius and continues to be unable to track.

They do not use the national weather service dataset.

https://www.wunderground.com/about/data

"All of our forecasts are generated from our proprietary forecasting system that leverages our vast amount of neighborhood weather data that we get from our community - we refer to the system as BestForecast™.
Our ever-expanding network of 250,000+ personal weather stations is the largest of its kind..."

But their station coverage is pretty sparce north of the 49th parallel, because the population is sparce.

You can't "crowdsource" something unless you have an actual crowd.