From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:50:37 -0700

>  Does ApiLife Var work?

I'm with Bob on this.
Halve the dose to 25g and apply in the middle of the broodnest.
Forget the scoop--we apply more than 25g to strong colonies, less to weak.
Two doses about 10 days apart in mid and late August work great for us.
Even better if a dose is given between flows in late June.

I'm feeling pretty good about my bees this year, and will see how few doses
we can get by with.

As Bob says, it is all about monitoring, and not ever letting mite levels
get out of hand.  It is simply too late by then--DWV takes hold of the
reins.

Randy Oliver