From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:27:35 -0500
> It is something that was done and documented, then forgotten in it
ubiquity.

I don't believe it is documented. Small cell people have pointed to a few
individuals discussing the subject but all those old books say the same
information (and I hope we can not go over the same subject again like a
record stuck in one spot):

"Five cells to the inch" worker cells
"Four cells to the inch" drone cells

We have been over and over the subject. Math shows that the size for worker
cells at "five cells to the inch" could if your measurements were done a
certain way be 4.9mm but most likely the measurement was 5.1 mm.

The old masters did not see the need for such a precise cell measurement and
neither do I.

Bob