From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 18:07:59 +0100
Ross Ward wrote:

> I am building a new honey processing plant which requires a number of honey
> pumps .
>
> 1. Cappings pump -which will not easily jam (with small broken peices of
> comb frame), to pump more than 1.5 tonne / hr.
> We wish to replace a 2 inch "Pender" 6 vane honey pump which pumps the
> cappings from the uncapper and outflow from the extractors. It pumps through
> a heat exchanger to a Cooke & Beale type centrifuge to separate the wax from
> the honey.
> 2. General honey Pumping.
> a)Has anybody had experience with rubber impeller pumps or pumps other than
> gear.
> b) We are currently using gear pumps but am interested to consider other
> options.
> It is important that the pump is airtight, so that air is not incorporated
> into the honey and also reliable.

Hi Ross,

Good to have another experienced Kiwi on the list, welcome onboard.

The pump that would work in all situations is a loob pump. It is
expencive, but
will pump anything anywhere, at the speed and pressure you want.

Rubber impeller pumps work in most places, but don't like pieces of
timber or
nails. Much pump for the money. Same goes for mono pumps, they might be
better
at handling pieces of frames than impeller type. John Syme in Ashburton
is using
mono pumps, you might check with him.

> 4. High speed pump.

I think you need to inform us on how much you need to pump, kg/hour, and
the
temp of the honey you are pumping, to dig further into the subject.

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden
[log in to unmask]    http://www.kuai.se/~beeman/