From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 18:04:19 +0100
Quoting from the UK Department for the Environment Food and Rural Affairs
booklet 'Managing Varroa' re Oxalic acid
Ideally needs broodless conditions, 90% average efficacy possible, sugarless
solutions have poor efficacy,DANGER OF SIGNIFICANT COLONY WEAKENING (my
emphasis), more scientific trials needed....
End Quote
From the above I would not hesitate to suggest that oxalic acid could have
some toxicity to bees.
(toxicity does not necessarily mean kill)
Ruary