From:
Elizabeth Vogt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:16:15 -0700
Dear Beekeepers ---

Someone called me with a question that I don't have an answer to; I thought
perhaps a BEE-L subscriber has some knowledge re: the following:

This person has a queenless yet healthy-looking hive.  She is waiting for
the queen to arrive shortly in the mail.  Last week,  the bees, by the
thousands,  began walking along the ground in front of the hive.  They go
back in in the evening.  I'm guessing it is some kind of odd swarming
behavior.

Any answers?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,