From:
Heath A Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 22:27:15 EDT
Charles Hatton wrote:

> A problem I'm having is that of the two hives we built and bought bees
for, one of them has a personality of a mean wet cat and the other is
more like a friend.

Heath Miller,  I am a hobby beekeeper in south Florida right now.
I have worked for a couple of commercial beekeepers.

I had a very similar thing with one of my hives a few weeks ago.  I
removed the queen
(killed her) from the hive and left alone for about five days.  At that
time the bees had stared queen sells.  I then destroyed the queen sell
and gave the hive two brood frames with eggs and young larva (from the
friendly hive so the queen is not so mean).  Then they will raise a new
queen and hopefully be a lot nicer.

        This has worked for me in the past it takes a wile but it may
save you from buying a new queen.

                Heath Miller, 8 hives, South Florida