From:
Keith Delaplane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 00:18:44 EDT
This sudden appearance of a purported new pesticide for honey bee mite
control caught many of us by surprise.  I searched for this product in an
electronic database of U.S. EPA-approved pesticides (current as of Feb.
1995) and found no product with an EPA registration number of 68922 nor the
name "Mite Solution."  The nearest find was a "Zeromite Ear Mite Solution,"
EPA Reg. no. 10075-1, approved for use on ear mites in dogs and cats.

Let me caution beekeepers to only use pesticides approved and fully
registered by their country's appropriate regulatory agency.

Dr. Keith S. Delaplane
Department of Entomology
200 Barrow Hall
University of Georgia