From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:37:44 -0500
Hi Everyone,
We had  of apistan strips here at the Department that were used for
varroa mite survey in 1988 and the following years.  I found an opened
packet in the warehouse over 5 years later and had the pesticide lab
here test them they still had well over 8% fluvalinate.  The warehouse
is heated but not cooled so the temperatures do get fairly warm at
times but the fluvalinate did not seem to break down very quickly at
all.  It also does not vaporize at normal temperatures.  So if you
store unused apistan strips in their orginal package wrapped in a
plastic bag in a cool place like a basement away from other pesticides
and children they should be fine.

blane

Blane White
MN Dept of Agriculture