Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 10:32:34 -0400
> I see a lot of complaining about the NYS Apiary Program and I am wondering if anyone would like to outline a couple of things for me

Honestly, if you knew anything about it, you wouldn't be asking these questions. But this is the first time I know of that the opinions of NYS beekeepers are being openly solicited.

Here are the real questions: what actual benefit do the NYS beekeepers stand to gain from this, and why is it being snuck into law without any attempt at consensus building?

The way it looks: it looks like an effort to siphon off tax dollars to perpetuate a bureaucratic nightmare.

Full disclosure: I worked as a NYS apiary inspector and saw the thing from the inside. And no one has attempted to contact me regarding my experience. Furthermore, I know the history of the program, which most people are keen on ignoring.

Peter Borst
Ithaca, NY  USA