Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2018 07:36:35 -0400
> Pete   I have the utmost respect for Joe Graham.  My comment was that the
> new ABJ  editor has a science background.  I made this comment because some
> on Bee-L questioned her ability to assess the science in articles.
>  BIG SNIP
> ABJ has set standards for beekeeping trade magazines.  I hope that it
> continues to hold to those standards and even improve upon them.  There's
> an audience out there for quality, timely, and accurate information.

I have not seen any posts that question her ability to asses the science.
The issues I have seen is that she is "peer reviewing" the article and her
comments make it appear that she  has the truth.

Second is that, as you say, ABJ is a trade magazine, not a scientific
journal. It has always been an eclectic mix and to shift to science as the
base of the journal makes it lose the character it has always had and will
be counterproductive to retaining viewership. Joe had the right idea and
knew his audience.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine