From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:19:14 +0100
Hi

Two years back my wife and I lost two hives that were trashed
by rats (rattus norvegicus) on one apiary site-they were the only
two hives there.  We stopped using that site, but circumstances
beyond our control have driven us to put some hives back there
for this Winter.  We have also had to put some hives on another
site where I saw rats present last Summer.

Does anyone have any ideas or (better) experience of controlling
rats in Winter in an outdoors rural situation.  Both sites are 10-15
miles from my home base so attendance at them will be
relatively infrequent.

Regards

Mike Rowbottom

HARROGATE