Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:55:48 -0400
I have a hand crank extractor which I have used for 25 years.

But... several months back I ruptured my bicep tendon and cranking it makes
for less than desirable impact on that arm.

Has anyone motorized a hand crank extractor? It is the classic Dadant two
frame  stainless on a stand.

Of interest to some on the list, after 50 the treatment for a ruptured
upper bicep tendon is to do nothing except PT. Below that you operate. The
over 50 group are left with "Popeye" arm- a muscled bicep without making a
muscle as one strand (the rupture) is now down with the remaining bicep
(you actually have two so you can get by with one). Check the arms of older
guys at the beach and you will find it is fairly common.

More interest- how to not end up like me. Only do heavy lifting or most any
chore for about an hour then shift to something else. Go back after an hour
and continue for another hour. If you do a lot of lifting one day, let your
muscles rest for a day. If you are in a job that requires lots of heavy
work every day, work your way into it as noted. My problem was lots of
heavy lifting for a day with no rest the next day to let my muscles recover.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine