From:
Scott Koppa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2018 12:56:41 -0500
> I am no snake oil sales man.

Sure you are.

> I never once represented that it might not be dumb luck that my hives were still alive. (This perfectly constructed sentence is beautiful, btw.)

Sure you have. You are saying it's every bit as likely that your hives will survive as well as anyone else's and you're "just a two-year guy, aw shucks, what do I know?" I think we can all read the subtext.

> How is my stating this so much differrent then randy stating this? (I just love the flawed spelling, btw. It's the best!)

It's completely different. Randy is working from a defined database. If he follows the specific practices that he has defined, he understands the likely outcomes under varying conditions--because he's already run his hives under those conditions. Repeatedly. The more you repeat an experiment, the less likely that consistent results are due to chance. And he has thousands of hives from which to draw his results. Once you understand the high likelihood outcome, then you add in the variable. Not before. And you still run controls.

> This is like the chicken and the egg arguement, which came first.

I'll save you years of angst and internal conflict. It's the egg.The first "chicken" had to hatch from something. So did its parents, which, of course, were not chickens.

> I believe the 20 year guy that lives close does not treat also. I don't believe he is lieing either....

This is beautiful too. By "believing your neighbor" you taken any of the onus of responsibility off of yourself--which you'd have to claim, if it were your results that you were discussing.

People can say anything they want--without proof, it's just noise. So prove it.

Skillman, NJ