Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:15:00 -0400
> It was that they had sold ALL of the honey that was brought to the Fair
> for sale prior to the final day of the Fair. This was the first time in
> memory of anyone that had manned the booth in the past that this had
> been done.

It would be nice to know how the quantities compared to prior years, since
they may have started with less honey.

A friend of mine who sell at fairs generally brings more than he knows he
will sell so he does not run out. No honey means no money.

I helped him in the past and, I agree, that local was a good selling point,
but I did better when I sold on flavor. Easy to to. Let them taste test
light honey and dark honey and say that you know which they will like the
most. If they are young it will be the light honey. If older, ask if they
often use honey at home. Yes- they will like the  dark and No the light.
Works 90% of the time and sells honey.

At the State Ag Show, where the honey is given by members to help the State
organization, we often sell out because there is less honey.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine