From:
Bill Deer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:49:25 -0700
Greetings:

Would an experienced keeper answer one question...

Does the opening of the beehive affect it's production?

Reason for asking, new at this.  I received the 5 frames of bees,
queen less 2 months ago.  They are increasing in volume. a second
super was installed 3 weeks ago.  They have drawn 2 frames in the 2nd
but not filled 2 frames in the lower super. The person I got the bees
from placed wood on both sides of the base to reduce the opening.
Are they necessary, or limiting anything....

Thank you in advance,
Bill Deer
Clarence, NY