From:
Peter Dalby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:40:05 -0000
Andrew &Tiffany need to move bees in winter.
I have done this on a number of occasions and not noticed any significant
harmful effect on the bees. If weather is cold the only preparation needed
for moving is to block entrances(I use strips of plastic foam). I have never
moved bees more than a few miles during our English winter. One advantage of
winter moves is that  you can move colonies short distances and they will
not usually return to the original site as they would when actively flying

Peter and Barbara Dalby, England
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web Site: http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.pebadale