From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2013 06:44:02 -0700
>Such doom and gloom would have been appropriate in 2008, but by now, it
just

> shows how far behind the times "Time" has become.

Yes, the article disappointed me.  I was interviewed by the author (a
senior editor)  for nearly an hour, an stressed the point that I hoped that
he could be the one who could finally write an objective practical article
that went beyond parroting popular fears.  He was given the actual facts
about bees hardly being in danger of extinction, the vast differences
between the issues facing hobbyists vs commercial beekeepers, etc.  In
reading the final product, I can see that he followed the usual media
method of thinking that in order to produce a "balanced" article that one
must give credence to each and everry extreme or misinformed view, rather
than making the effort to truly investigate a subject deeply and come up
with an independent accurate assessment.

And thanks for the info on the bubble apparently bursting in the UK.  I
continually ask the bee equipment supplier about sales, wondering when this
is going to happen in the U.S.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA