From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:26:58 -0500
<I am assuming myself that antibiotics kill bacteria, whereas herbal
treatments perhaps simply alter the gut environment to make it less
hospitable. But are plausibly equally effective as a control.>

That's an awfully big assumption, many herbs have been shown to have
antimicrobial properties.  You said the side effects are well known... I
haven't been able to find them in a google search, if you only have 3
studies you've found how is it the side effects are well known?  I couldn't
find any that tested side effects, just efficacy for Nosema.  Just because
it's "herbal" doesn't mean we know the side effects at all.

<My point on the constituents of ApiHerb,  being herbal, are that the side
effects are also well known. And in the case of 'dried vegetable plants,
natural essential oils, vitamins of the B complex, dextrose' , lIkely to be
harmless and not likely to result in resistance>

So your point is that unknown dried vegetable plants and unknown essential
oils have known side effects?  Even if they are known for honeybees we
don't know what they are.  If your point is that they are likely to not be
harmful, why don't we try some dried cayenne pepper, I hear capsasin is an
excellent insecticide, by the label that could be an ingredient and would
have known side effects.  Now I'm not saying that ApiHerb is necessarily
unsafe, but it is certainly not inherently safe because it's herbal.

Jeremy

West Michigan