From:
"Gordon N. Stowe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:51:27 PST
I'm a 72 year old amateur beekeeper and for 25 years, had no problems.
Suddenly I have lost both hives, one in Arizona and the other in
Michigan.  Both to Mites.

There are on the market two treatments, possibly the same product, for
treatment for mites.  They are called "MITE SOLUTION" and "M-SOLUTION".
Does anyone know anything about this stuff and I have some specific
questions:

             1)  Is it effective
             2)  Is it safe to use during  the honey-flow

On another matter, I have tried numerous times to locate the queen, but
have never seen her.  Is there a tried and true system for locating the
lady.  None of the queens have been marked as my first hive in Michigan
took care of itself for about 25 years including any requeening that may
have been necessary.

On another matter, I have a dificult time maintaining a good smoke and
wonder what fuels are the most popular.  The best I have come up with is
some quite heavy burlap that smolders quite well, but  there must be a
better alternative.

Thanks.
Gordon N. Stowe