Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:54:58 -0700
Bob,

Being that my last posting did not make the cut, my wife says to try a softer, more sensitive version to get my thoughts through.

Concerning the keepers (without contracts) that had trouble collecting fees by growers the last time there was a poor crop: Why would they go back to California without a contract again??? I'm not saying that a verbal agreement should be broken, but come on, shouldn't the beekeeper who is making the same mistake twice take some of the blame??

As for the "should be psychic" keepers sending hives with ten frames and being graded as five: Ever heard of " a second opinion", county or private. They don't need to be physic, just smarter than the box of bees.

I would like to help with the Midwest pollination in April, but I'm afraid I'm too busy shaking bees at that time.  If what I hear is true,  many won't return, and supply and demand takes effect, then maybe next year I can trade in my Porsches in for a Ferrari.

Yours truly,
Keith