From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 05:45:55 -0600
Hello David A. & All,
David A. said:
> He has not lost 50 % of the bees in almonds,they look great right now,he
> lost 50  % during the year of 07 after leaving fl in the spring

I spoke with David at the ABF convention in Austin, Texas and he told me he
lost a higher number than 50% during 2007 and what was left was not strong
enough to split. The bees were alive but not building or taking feed. He
asked me at least a couple times my thoughts on his problem. If you are a
friend of Hackenbergs (like you say) then ask Hackenberg if he did not talk
to Bob Harrison about his problems in Austin. I agree with David H. on his
hypothesis about the neonicotinoids and strongly (very strongly) disagree
with the Pettis position. Of course both David H. and myself have looked in
a higher number of hives by now in our lives than Pettis ever will in his.

Quote from Steve Croft at the end of the 60 minutes article:
" That was six months ago."

It is important from me to add here that the first 60 minutes segment on
Hackenberg was broadcast on Oct.26,2007.
Updated on February 21,2008.

going on:

"So far this year ( meaning right now 2008) , the news is not good. When we
caught up with David Hackenberg this week in California ( my meaning is
RIGHT NOW) , he TOLD US more than half his bees had ONCE AGAIN DISAPPEARED"

bob

--
believed to be clean.