From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:51:00 -0600
Adrian wrote:

that bees can be recruited without the use of odor
may have merely had an artifact in their experimental designs (Jerry
Bromenshenk might comment on that point).

We are preparing a major article on bees and the performance
characteristics of odor search.  The results of the trials are impressive.
We managed to separate the dance as well as food reward from area searching
by the bees.  We kept bees searching all day long for targets by odor
alone, and did that for 36  days.

Having stated this, I'm not going to provide further comment because the
journal that we are submitting to is very sensitive to prior release of the
information.  Have patience, we hope to see the full story in print soon.

Cheers

Jerry