Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:50:50 EDT
To all of you with neighbours,
                                         Recently two of my friends have been
faced with the annual problem from neighbours.  "Please keep your bees out of
my fountain, fish pond, swimming pool or some other water feature."
They are experienced beekeepers who keep a supply of water in the apiary all
the year round. So far the requests have been polite but if someone is stung
they may become hostile. As a beekeeper for some 65 years I am expected to
know all the answers but I do not know the answer to this one. My bees have
no neighbours so I have never been faced with this problem.
Are there any attractants one might use to make the apiary water so desirable
the bees will go nowhere else or is there some suitable repellent one can
offer the neighbour?
Plesse come up with some suggestions so that I can give them to my friends as
evidence that they have done their best to find a solution.
Thanking you in anticipation.          Regards       [log in to unmask]
Writing from Hampshire, Southern England.