From:
"MORGAN, ANTHONY" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:26:34 GMT+0100
Hei!
I attended a meeting yesterday with the subject "herbal cures and
homeopathy". I am still sceptical to say the least about highly
diluted solutions and their possibility of having an effect - but
many present were convinced that they had seen cures or themselves
had been cured by such "medicines".

As a beekeeper I asked whether bee venom or propolis were used in
homeopathic medicine and got a somewhat negative reply, which was
followed by the following statement:-

There is available a homeopathic "medicine" known as Apis Mellifica
which is an extract of whole bees prepared in alcohol and then
diluted by many factors of 10 (presumably in water, this wasnt
clear). This agent was claimed to work for ordinary bee sting
discomfort, massive allergic reactions and also for long term
desensitising.

Has anyone heard of this before? Have I misunderstood ? Is it just
non-substantiated rubbish, or what??
As a subsidiary question, what would end up in such an alcohol
extract?

Cheers Tony.
Anthony N. Morgan (Tony)                 Fax: +47 73 89 62 86
"Stavshagen"                          E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Midtsandan                               Sor-Trondelag College
7563 MALVIK                              Elec. Eng. Department
Norway                                   7005 TRONDHEIM, Norway