From:
John M Thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 21:33:25 -0500
        I was able to play the part of "Santa" at one of the shopping
centers called "The Falls this past Christmas.. For the most part its
been a real blast. You woiuld have to know me to know and appreciate how
much I really enjoyed this job. Everyone loved me,at least who I
represented.                                            Anyhow,we
closed as usual at 10:00 one tuesday.   At 10:05 a 9 year old boy
named Danny begged the two girls (Santas helpers) to see me. No problem
for me. I greeted him-no response. Asked him how he was doing-no
response. By then he was sitting in my lap so I asked him what he wanted
for Christmas. I guess he was done checking me out cause he started
talking.. "Santa,he said,I only want one thing for Christmas. I promise I
won't ask for anything else. Would you please help me get my Daddy
back,he died on Thanksgiving day". (By then we were both crying} Not
really knowing what to say I told him that their were certian things that
even Santa couldn't do. Then he really got me when he said," Could you
please talk to Jesus and tell Him that I need my Daddy more than He
does?"                                  I know Danny's loss,I've
had the same experience.  Their are those among us that have suffered
losses like Danny. When those losses occur we will do any of a number of
things depending where we are in our relationship with
God.                    Such faith Danny had,thinking that Santa had
an in with Jesus. It was one of those precious unforgetable moments in
time for me. As speechless as I was (Those of you who know me well know
that is rare) the best I could come up with was---lets pray and he went
for it.                                                 It was a
prayer of love and comfort,not real long. When we finished I looked up
and their was Danny's mom,also crying. We all three hugged and I offered
to be Danny and his 13 year old brothers big brother.
                                        Sai la vie,there it is,a day in
the life of "Santa". Have you ever seen him cry?
Take Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also
at<[log in to unmask]>