From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:59:35 +0000
Hi Randy, Mike & All

> For the queen cells, I'm not sure, but as when nearly everything else, if I
> don't know any better, I try to duplicate nature.  So about 60%RH.

I have never measured RH, but I reckon a moist atmosphere is required
and a very moist atmosphere does no harm.

I like the idea of water bottles to stabilise temperature , which will
prolong thermostat life, but I have always used a stainless meat dish
with a sponge in it for humidification.

My sponge has deteriorated with age ( so have I ) and I am considering
replacing it with florist's Oasis material, any comments ??

On a more humorous note, some years ago one of my precocious female
Great Grandchildren saw me with the vacuum flask that I use to transport
sealed queencells and asked me " are you going to put them in the queen
incinerator ? "

--
Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://melliferabees.net Email: [log in to unmask]