From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 12:10:40 -0400
Timothy C. Eisele <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>tape a penny over the site of the sting.

Thanks Tim!
I have added the penny remedy to my list.
I have found a few obscure remedies that are similar to the penny remedy
that may be of interest.

This bee sting cure written in 1889, but perhaps has been rooted much
earlier.

“A silver coin supplied to a bee sting is believed to not only remove the
pain but to extract the sting.” (43)

Perhaps nowadays, inflation, or rarity of the availability of silver coins
necessitates that the coinage used be reduced to the penny.  ;)

Another bee sting remedy using metal

“Don’t scream and howl when stung by a bee, but just run for the shears,
or in fact anything in the way of steel.  Then press the wound firmly with
the steel and the poison will soon come out.” (46)

Best Wishes
Joe
feralbeeproject.com