From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:45:55 -0700
Tim T., Randy O and last but not least Bob H, & all,

Let me start with some of Tim's thoughs on his last post,BTW nice to see
your post again.

Tim talks about keeping bees in Calif. for almonds and not trucking back and
forth to honey areas. Keepers here(Calif) aready have to take their hives
out-of-state because their is no room here in the summer time for them .Take
a look at the data on how many hives are in Calif, then double it and that's
about  how are here( thier is no reg, and half dont fill out their county
reg forms).

As far as trucking back and forth goes, this is how I do it.
I bring in double deeps from the Dakotas 544 a load, I have them pull out
the side frames of honey ,so to lighten them up for trucking  and to get rid
of that honey that is no good to for wintering bees on.When I send them back
in the spring, I use a thin divider boad with a bee way, and cell every box
that doesn't have a queen.So, going back to the dakotas I have 1088 pockets
per load.

Randy,
 Feedlot beekeeping,
I think I understand where you and Tim are going with this, but here's my
thoughts on it.
First of all, the guys in the north valley can't do what I'm doing as far as
syrup feeding, you can throw a rock and hit the next keepers yard, up north
this prevents a lot. What I do, is push them wether they need it or not. I
don't say ooo these look O.K and leave and go to the next yard.The fall is
the month's and time to throw everthing at them that you can.You are down to
just 5 months away from pay day and going into winter.

To all ,on this subject,

I sure don't read much on many posts, on  METHODS on how to achive these
goels. I do here some pattying on the back from each other. Some, that think
thier ahead of the CURVE  in thier thinking are miles behind.
Look around ,most of what has been said, I"ve been doing for years. And I'm
only a part timer.

Keith Jarrett
Calif