From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2016 08:21:13 -0500
Might be a stupid question, but how do we know these viruses are "honey bee
viruses" much less managed honey bee viruses , could the wild bees not be
simple carriers?

I guess the larger question is how do we know the original origins of
viruses, just as humans die from malaria yet mosquitoes carry it and are
not affected... so in this case is the virus a human virus or mosquito
virus?

I'm just wondering if this article isn't placing blame (on managed
colonies) where blame is not due...