From:
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:17:34 -0700
Hello Allen and Everyone,

>Are you saying the 'very expensive breeder' came down with T-mites, or
that her progeny did?  Were they Russian or a cross?

The very expensive breeder was supplied by Steve Bernard from the first
batch released. The bees were gentle, conservative and very interesting.
The other breeders were obtained from Glenn Apiaries.  The progeny were
crosses with my own local stock.  They were not gentle or t mite
tolerant. Both the breeders and the progeny  perished from T mites. It's
interesting to note that my own stock was very T mite tolerant.

I switched my stock over to the Russian lines prematurely as they were
more tolerant of varroa by about a magnitude compared to my own stock. I
didn't anticipate the problems with T mites :>(

Dennis Murrell
Not testing anymore beta versions at $500 each. Will wait for the final
release.