Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:25:15 GMT
>>Most have used a wheelbarrow...  But I've taken the bucket part off and made a flat wooden rack to mount in it's  place.

Does your wheelbarrow have a single wheel in the front?  Not that you should not try out your idea, but why not use a hand truck?  As mechanical engineer, I see shortcomings in the wheelbarrow in that it would elevate the center of gravity of the hive with respect to the ground and there is too much room of sideway tipping about the wheel.  If you have a tall hive it won't take much to have it fall to one side.  Balancing a wheelbarrow produces jerky muscle movements in your back.

Unless your wheelbarrow has two wheels, I'd get a handtruck from Home Depot or look up a used one on Craig's List etc.  Sometimes you can find a free one there.

Waldemar