From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 07:22:48 -0500
Hi beeks,

As this thread carries on, neonics are headed in a direction as the best
thing to ever happen.

I am in my 40th year as a bee haver/keeper. 1974, the only thing was
American foul brood and Nosema.

We would treat AFB with sulphur, may not have killed spores, but knocked it
back greatly.

We knew to keep bees away from cotton fields where pesticides were used.
Beans did not have many pests.

Corn always had worms at the end of the ears and often if corn was planted
late, leaf worms.

Aerial sprayers were not used. This is a totally different time for honey
bees.

Is greed a leader in the pack?

Lionel