From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:09:27 -0800
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have seen very few "irresponsible" beekeepers in my time as a beekeeper. I have met some who were well meaning but ignorant. I know beekeepers here in my area who refuse to register their bees or allow the bee inspector in to look at their hives.  Why?  They don't want the government intrusion, or the government telling them how to run their hives.  They don't want the inspectors in looking through their hives without them being present.  They don't want the inspectors in looking at their hives, completing their reports, then leaving without helping the beekeeper in any way.  There are numerous reasons why they don't ......    But, it remains that there are numerous hives in southern Alabama that aren't registered, recieve inadequate management in some cases, and are possible points of easy infiltration/usurptation by AHBs.  Down here very few irresponsible is not as infrequent.  I try to help as best I can without trying to seem pushy but contact with some of these beekee!
 pers is
 limited or nonexistant.

Mike in lower Alabama  Home of some true red necks.  I become that way sometimes if I don't wear my western style hat to protect my neck.  :)

Yahoo! Photos