From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2017 07:42:46 -0400
>  I feel confident that the eggs used to create the queens cells must have been laid during the time the queens were quarantined.

The problem with this whole question is that workers lay eggs, so the finding of an egg in a place where no queen has access won't prove anything. What interested me about the piece from Bee Craft, 1950 was that the author had _seen_ a bee with eggs in his mandibles, the way an ant carries eggs. A photo would be nice, but I don't know anyone who has enough spare time to set up the experiment and watch long enough to catch a bee in the act.

PLB