From:
"Kevin D. Parsons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 17:14:59 -0400
> Some stings aren't even noticeable.  None of
> them are unbearable.  I would rather get stung on my
> fingers than anywhere else on my body as it seems
> other places hurt more when stung - so the gloves can
> go!

Interesting.

Stings on my finger tips are among the worst. I get intense pain
at the site and often feel it shooting up my arm. After a minute
or two it passes, but it was quite startling the first time it happened.
The swelling and subsequent reaction are minimal, but that intial reaction
gets my attention.

I still prefer to work barehanded and normally do. But,
if I get a really mean hive, either because of my
inept handling or because that's how they are today, it's
a lot easier to close them back up if I have a pair of gloves
nearby.

Wouldn't life be boring if we were all alike?

Kevin D. Parsons
Pittsburgh  PA   USA