From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:20:32 -0700
Bob Harrison
> The new method for keeping afloat today is constant
> splitting of hives.... His losses since bees started  crashing have been in the 50% range or higher.... Instead of once a year like he used to.
> Some are now making  splits both spring and fall.

Reply:
This sounds like olden days of early 1980s and mid-1990s of bees starting to die and then when numbers couldn't be maintained due to ailments coming on, then the various treatments started and then got worse and worse. It was primary reason why Ed and I back then decided there had to be a better way, and a way also that stayed clean, for we just could't put the same chemicals we were lobbying against with BIPP into our hives and know we were doing it properly somehow. So we rationalized instead that management had to be changed to put things back into better harmony with nature and when reached, problems would stop, or at least could be bred thru, if willing to observe and follow what the bees were telling us they needed, which turned out to be simply a clean environment and in harmonoy field management wise with the environment, by latitude and altitude and own foraged food!

Dee A. Lusby