Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1991 10:04:00 N
Thanks Seppo Korpela for your additive information! I'll try to find the
article.

/Unit for HMF is normally mg/kg instead of %
Sorry, 'percentage' was an translation error.

Right now I have 3 questions:
- Refering to the text of Seppo Korpela:

/According to G.L. this study contains information on
/HMF changes in honey when liquified by microwaves, but he does not tell
/these results in the article.

Does anyone have any test-results of heating honey with a microwave, or
knows where I can find them?

- How can I preserve/conserve honey so that the HMF will increase in the
most slowly way by the rising of the years?

- I'm a member of a beekeepers-club where we discussed the results of a
honey-contest. The winners always heat there honey to liquify it and the honey
gets a golden-yellow color. For the "pure" beekeeper, it is sometimes a crime to
get in a natural way the same results. The only (?) way to check if the
honey has been heaten is to decide the HMF (in a laboratory).

Is there an easy way to check if the honey was heaten? May be a cheap
instrument (that every beekeeper could afford)?

I would be grateful for any help.

Peter van Empel