From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:27:23 -0800

> >Before Samuel Ramsey explanation, I had understood that predation was
> reducing 25% of the surface of fat body of the nymph, meaning a 15% weight
> reduction of the nymph.

Allow me to step in here to help with translation.  In American English,
we'd translate the above sentence to say:

 I had understood that varroa parasitism of the pupa was reducing 25% of
the surface of fat body of the pupa, meaning a 15% weight reduction of the
pupa.

Of note is that Donze found that the foundress mite spends an hour on her
first feeding, supporting Ramsey's explanation that she may be waiting for
extraoral digestion to take place.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA