From:
Melville Kayton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:11:26 +0200
Not only young people, I removed a colony from an old boat at our local
yacht club, crushed the wild comb and strained the honey, placed a piece of
comb honey into two jars and topped them up with the honey.  The next
weekend I returned to the club and raffled the two jars of honey and made
R90.00 towards the junior sailing.  This sparked off tremendous interest and
all in the pub that evening wanted to hear all about beekeeping and the
Honey bee.  They listened intently and only expressed their disappointment
on behalf of the drone only mating once in his lifetime if he is lucky and
then being stung to death afterwards.
Mel Kayton
Cape Province
South Africa