From:
Carolyn Ehle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:14:06 -0400
Let's not mix up homeopathy, a specific technique developed in 1796,
with traditional medicines using herbal products or modern medicines
which are often based on plant-derived formulas. What ever you think
about the theory of the former, it is a totally separate practice from
the plant products that have evolved to interact with predators but
don't get enough science unless they've been synthesized and patented.
  As a scientist I don't understand homeopathy but I suspend disbelief
in these cases since science didn't understand gravity at one point
either, (still doesn't, completely).

I fooled around with essential oils when I started the Bond method back
in 1997.  The possible interference with pheromones made me nervous and
I quit after a few years of experimenting.  I do offer a lot of mint
family plants around the beeyard that I water in summer.

I found FGMO useful only when mixed fifty-fifty with melted beeswax and
painted inside the boxes of hives with screened bottom boards. As the
bees groom it'll coat and kill mites.  It also works to entrap them on
solid bottom boards which I no longer use. I switched boxes when I
worked them, but I'm only a sideliner with 25-50 hives, no good for
commercial tho good for my back.

Carolyn in SC