From:
"Lars A. Lutton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 11:24:08 EDT
From:   NAME: Lars Lutton
        FUNC: Instructional Media Services
        TEL: (614)593-2669                    <LUTTON@A1@OUVAX>
To:     MX%"[log in to unmask]"@MRGATE@OUVAX

Malcolm, I first got into bees by a swarm in my own chimney 20 years ago.
After some major discouragement from an experianced beekeeper, I forged ahead.
The entire excercise was a toatal disaster, but it got me hooked. They were
well established when I noticed them and I sent any number plummeting two
stories inside the chimney with their comb. They didn't recover at all well.
In the U.S. there is sold a spark arrester/hood for standard chimney sizes.
There is a expanded metal grill that might prohibit/reduce bee access.
I think they might discourage future swarms if they are available to you.
                                Regards, Lars [log in to unmask]