From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:10:27 -0500
It's deceptive to measure pesticide use by pounds used. Atrazine was
applied to my farm, before I bought it, at the rate of 1/4 oz per
acre.  It's so concentrated, very little will grow except beans, corn
and sorghum for nearly two years after application.  And at 1/4 oz
per acre, it's now detectable in the Indianapolis water supply, cause
for concern around here.