From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 06:31:37 -0700
Roy Nettlebeck wrote
>Nature is a balance and we are the only ones that
>try very hard to throw it out of balance.

Not quite true. Nature does a good job of going out of balance,
otherwise you would not have extinctions of species.
The key is knowing who the good guys are and helping them along. Just
sitting back and allowing nature to balance won't help your corn fight
earworm or your roses fight thirps, unless you have an unlimited budget
to accept losses every year as a farmer. And if your kid comes down with
a bacterial infection, do you let nature take its course? Of course not.
And as far as the question origionally asked, I think it is still
unanswered. The question was - is there an organic way to get rid of the
bumblebees, so the same intent is there that was voiced in the replys- a
desire to do right. But the respose was a lecture - like this one.
I would love to know if there is a way to get rid of other bees (or
wasps or hornets, all of which ar beneficial) from a dwelling
organically. There sure have been plenty of posts on how to get honey
bees out of dwellings.
Bill Truesdell
Bath