From:
John Sturman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:55:01 -0500
On Tue, 5 Nov 1996 Jorge Contador <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

| THIS IS JORGE CONTADOR OF CHILE

| I NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH IS  1 gr. OF BEE VENOM.
| WHERE CAN I BUY  BEE VENOM ?

What can you do with bee venom?  Please keep us informed of your progress. I
have been reading about the various uses of other bee products but I have never
heard of anyone looking for be venom.  Does anyone know the use of that?

While we're on the subject, someone I know from California told me that propolis
has amazing healing properties.  What are your experiences using and harvesting
propolis and other bee products (other than honey)?

I have two hives in the Catskills that are doing fine.  While I will start
harvesting honey next flow, I would like to maybe consider propolis as well.  Is
it going to be too much work for the girls, gathering nectar and pollen, and
then filling in the apparently unending gaps in the hive?

Best regards to all, and thank you for my continuing, daily education on bees,
beekeeping, and beekeepers.  After reading this list for several months, I am
glad to count myself as a member of this profession.

John Sturman
The Bee Inn at The Blue Moon Farm
Lexington, NY

"... With all this horse manure, there's got to be a pony in here."